Becoming a Signatory
Joining The Code as a Signatory means you have made a commitment to work with others, to understand what works and inspire more and more diverse young people into engineering.
Benefits to joining
When joining The Code you'll get access to resources to help you start changing your approach to delivering engineering outreach to young people, such as:
- A team at EngineeringUK to help you understand The Code and how to start meeting the pledges
- Access to Tomorrow’s Engineers, which has guidance and information from across the STEM community on how to get the most from engineering engagement activity
- Regular drop-ins with the Code Team and other Signatories
- Webinars on topics to help you meet the pledges and meet other likeminded organisations
- Over 220 Signatories and Supporters from whom your organisation can learn from, share ideas with and access practical advice through Code Connect (coming soon!)
What we'll ask of you
All we ask for in return is for you to tell us how you're meeting the 4 pledges and to share what engineering activities you're delivering. This helps us connect like-minded Signatories up with each other, develop a rich understanding about the scale of delivery by Code Signatories and come up with new and better ways to support you all.
Once a year in late autumn we'll ask for you to complete our Code Check-in and update your details on Code Connect (coming soon!) which should take around 1-2 hours a year.
If you’re ready to sign you’ll need to identify the following
- a person who will be ultimately responsible for The Code in your organisation and who will officially 'sign' The Code
- and another person who will be the day to day contact and responsible for embedding the pledges in your organisation
N.B. The above people can be the same person
To help you "pitch" The Code to your colleagues we've created the following resources for you:
- Download this PDF which contains a helpful summary of The Code and its benefits to your organisation
- Download this PDF to explore the pledges of The Code and find out how they your engineering outreach strategy
You can also get stuck in and make contact with other Signatories you might already know via our LinkedIn page and if you have any questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.