Ensure programmes contribute to a sustained and rich STEM journey for all young people.
Why this pledge matters:
The more real-world STEM-related experiences a young person has, the more likely they will feel more comfortable with STEM and its application to the real-word and future career opportunities.
Ambition of the pledge
See all children and young people experience a rich variety of connected engineering experiences.
Ways you could meet the pledge:
- Work with fellow Signatories to develop a sustained package of engagement activities for young people
- Make sure others know what you’re doing by adding your activities to platforms such as Neon
- Have a good understanding of what others are doing before launching new programmes through Code Connect (coming soon!)
- Adding value to existing programmes by improving them and avoiding duplication of effort
- Only fund an activity if, to the best of your understanding, it delivers an impact to your identified audience
- Consider funding an existing activity through a partnership with another Signatory of the Code
To meet this pledge you should:
- Articulate your activities’ purpose and intended audience
- Understand how your activity relates to the real-world
- Create a rich and varied STEM experience
- Signpost to other inspiring activities.
Resources that can help you with this pledge:
- Use Code Connect (coming soon!) to learn about and connect with other Signatories
- Look at Neon to see what other programmes are out there and to share your own