The results from the Tomorrow’s Engineers Code first annual Check-in
Every year we ask The Code Community about their work towards The Code's 4 pledges. The check-in captures insights into how we as a community are working towards meeting the 4 Pledges and what support is needed to improve the collective efforts to inspire a diverse engineering workforce.
What has The Code achieved?
- Since launching in October 2020, the Code has grown to over 210 organisations
- Results from the Check-in found that the majority of Signatories were positive about The Code. When asked how likely it is that they would recommend joining The Code to a friend or colleague, Signatories on average gave a score of 8 (on a scale of 0-10).
- 61% agreed that being a member of The Code improved the way their organisation includes information that shows engineering’s diversity in terms of roles and opportunities.
What have we learned?
The findings from the Check-in have provided The Code team with some great insight about the areas that Signatories would like more support, including:
- Understanding what’s happening across the sector
- Targeting young people or schools that don’t typically participate in engineering
- Measuring impact and evaluation of engineering outreach activities
What are we doing?
- Creating Code Connect (coming soon!) to support connections and help understand what engineering outreach is being provided by other Signatories across the community and enabling them to link up with each other
- Bringing the community together in-person at Tomorrow’s Engineers Live to share best practice and network
- Continuing to develop resources on Tomorrow’s Engineers
- Continuing to provide opportunities for Signatories to share learnings and best practice at regular online workshops, particularly across the areas identified above
The Code Check-in has been a hugely insightful tool which has enabled us to understand more about the fantastic work which Signatories have already done towards The Code’s 4 pledges. These findings will help shape the development of The Code over the next 12 months and will help us to accelerate our shared ambition to inspire the next generation of engineers.
Download the full report